top of page
Sphere on Spiral Stairs

US Tax Services in Canada

  • ITIN number Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. In the case of a business, it is the Employer Identification Number (EIN)

  • Individual taxation

  • Owning property in the US

  • Doing business in the US?

  • Are you a Canadian who owns US LLC?

  • Canadian online businesses selling to the U.S. market

  • Do sellers need to charge sales tax when selling to U.S. customers?

We navigate the intricacies of U.S. tax regulations at the federal, state, and local levels, creating customized strategies to minimize your tax burden and maximize your profitability within legal frameworks.

Cross-Border Tax Accountants in Toronto and Oakville

Do I have to pay U.S. taxes if I live in Canada?

Understanding your U.S. tax filing obligations as a Canadian resident depends on the specifics of your income sources. Factors such as your employer's location, work performed in the U.S., and potential treaty benefits all play a role. Whether you earn employment income, capital gains, rental income, or other forms of compensation, filing requirements apply to both U.S. citizens in Canada and Canadians living in the U.S.  


For expert guidance on navigating these complexities and recent tax law changes, consult RC Tax cross-border tax specialist.

Our team at Tax Accountants in Toronto and GTA can provide comprehensive solutions. We offer online and virtual tax services to ensure you meet your filing obligations on both sides of the border.  


Our team's expertise includes Canadian Chartered Accountants, US Certified Public Accountants, providing a well-rounded perspective on your unique tax situation. For U.S. tax preparation specifically tailored to Canadians, we recommend seeking professional US Tax services in Canada.

  • Do I need an CPA accountant for my small business in Toronto or anywhere in Ontario?
    While not every business requires a full-time accountant, outsourcing to a professional can significantly benefit your business. They can free up your time, save you money in the long run, and ensure compliance with tax regulations.
  • How much do accounting services cost in Canada?
    Costs can vary depending on the complexity of your business, the services needed, and the experience level of the accountant. Many firms offer hourly rates, monthly retainers, or project-based fees. Contact us for free cost-estimation.
  • What are the different types of accountants, and which one is right for me?
    There are various types of accountants, each specializing in different areas. Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) are best for complex financial matters like audits and tax planning. Chartered Professional Accountants (Chartered Accountants in Canada) are also qualified for a wide range of accounting services including taxes and business advisory. Consider your specific needs and budget when choosing an accountant.
  • What happens if I get audited?
    Will you help me if I ever get audited? An audit involves a tax authority reviewing your financial records for accuracy and compliance. If you receive a notice of an audit, your accountant can guide you through the process, represent you during interviews, and ensure proper documentation is provided.
  • What are the benefits of using cloud-based accounting software?
    Cloud-based accounting software offers real-time access to your financial data from any device, facilitates collaboration with your accountant, and streamlines bookkeeping processes. Many accountants can seamlessly integrate their services with cloud-based software for improved efficiency.
  • Which areas do you provide accounting services in Ontario?
    We provide accounting services in Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Georgetown, Caledon, Vaughan, Toronto and surrounding areas in GTA.
bottom of page